Today marks another milestone for Surf7.net. For those who have visited Surf7.net before, you may notice our website looks totally different now.
Not only we have redesigned the website, we have fully redeveloped the whole website using only WordPress; the popular blogging content management system (CMS) from WordPress.org. Here are some good reasons why we choose WordPress as our website’s CMS.
- Search engines friendly – Our main source of traffic is from Google. Up to date, we have not spend a single cent on paid advertisement such as Google Adwords. I’m proud to say all traffics from Google are from organic search results. That is why on-site SEO is very important to us and I cannot think of any better CMS for this job other than WordPress. For example, it can generate search engines friendly URL via Apache mod rewrite module, automatically generate META keywords, description and title, tagging of keywords, real-time XML sitemap generation and many more.
- Streamline with our blog – Since we already created our blog using WordPress, it only makes sense that we combine our main website using the same WordPress installation. After all, WordPress is a darn good CMS for all kind of websites not only for blog. Now we have erased the line that used to separate the blog from the main website. Our blog is our main website and our main website is our blog.
- Easy to update – Like any CMS, WordPress help us manage every contents on our website. Since WordPress is a web based application, we can update our website and blog from any computers that are hooked to the Internet. No more open file, edit file, save file and upload file via FTP. Oh did I mentioned that WordPress has a nifty app that allows you to manage your website from Iphone?
- Unlimited possibilities – On top of the already excellent blogging CMS is the collection of plugins that extent what WordPress does, making it possible for more functionality only limited by our own imagination.
- Easy to change design – WordPress has one of the most flexible template system. In future, all we need to do to change our site design is to upload a new template to the server and activate it with a click of a button. All contents will remain unaffected.
- Better protection from SPAM – Out of the box WordPress comes with very robust tools such as an integrated blacklist and open proxy checker to manage and eliminate comment spam on our website, and there is also a rich array of plugins that can take this functionality a step further.
Did you know that these are the same reasons why we choose WordPress as the preferred CMS for our Corporate Website Package?
Now you know the benefits of this brand new website does to us, but what about to the end users such as yourself? Well here are some improvements you might experience.
Mouse over the numbers to read the improvements:
- Breadcrumb navigation – Now you won’t get lost navigating through hundreds of pages in our website. You can always find your way back using the breadcrumbs.
- Site search engine – Don’t waste your time looking for that page. Let our build in search engine find it for you. It will search every pages including blog posts.
- Easier to navigate – All of our links are grouped in a navigation menu with unlimited level of drop down menu.
- RSS feed subscription – Subscribe to our RSS feed and get notified of any new post in your favorite RSS reader.
- Printer friendly page – Now you can conveniently print out that useful piece of information from our web page without the unnecessary background colors, graphics, menus, etc…
- Share with your friend – Don’t just keep it to yourself. If you find any useful information on our webpage that might benefits your friends, let them know. They will thank you for it.
- Wider page – We have increased the width of our website to cater to the increasing screen resolution of modern monitors. No more cramp looking website.
- Page last updated info – Find out when that particular page was last updated.
There you have it, our latest design. What do you think of our new look? Let us know via the following poll.