When you subscribe to The One Hosting plan, you will get more than hosting service for your website or email. There are many tools inside the powerful and yet user-friendly web-based control panel (Cpanel) that you can make use to increase the productivity of your company. The best part is they are mostly free. Once such tool is Nextcloud.
What is Nextcloud?
Nextcloud is basically an open sourced productivity platform that can be self-hosted on any server, including the The One Hosting plan. Inside there, it provides multiple cloud-based tools (or apps as they call it) that can very useful to your company. Think of it like Google’s G Suite but without any subscription fee, without any big data mining from big corporation, without any limitation on storage size (except the size of your hosting account) because everything runs on your own server.
Nextcloud currently has more than 100 apps you can choose from. Some of the apps I would like to highlight here are…
This one comes pre-installed and there is no way you can remove it’s the core for the whole platform. Similar to other cloud storage services such as Google Drive or Dropbox, you use it to sync and share your files, photos and documents with your team members, clients and partners. There are mobile apps and PC client you can install to take full advantage of of Nextcloud has to offer.
Send and receive emails in a breeze.
- Multiple accounts with unified inbox
- Easy-to-use folder management
- Supports end-to-end encryption using OpenPGP
Note: Nextcloud Mail is a client for POP or IMAP servers. You use it with the email accounts you have created in the Cpanel.
Schedule work and meetings online.
- Create multiple calendars
- Integrate external calendar resources (WebCal)
- Share your calendars with your team or make them public
- Sync with your mobile devices via apps that support CalDav protocol such as DAVx5.
Keep your relations organized
- Track birthdays of your contacts
- Share your address books with your team
- Sync your contacts with phones and other devices
Manage your work with others
- Create any number of private or shared Kanban-style task boards
- Drag’n’drop cards, assign them to team members and set due dates
- Use checklists, attach files & export boards
Keep track of your tasks with this app
- Add and delete tasks, edit their title, description, start and due dates, reminder times, mark them as important, and add comments on them.
- Share your tasks with your team.
- Sync your tasks to any devices via CalDav.
The Notes app is a distraction free notes taking app. It provides categories for better organization and supports formatting using Markdown syntax. Notes are saved as files in your Nextcloud, so you can view and edit them with every Nextcloud client. Furthermore, a separate RESTful API allows for an easy integration into third-party apps (currently, there are notes apps for Android and iOS which allow convenient access to your Nextcloud notes). Further features include marking notes as favorites.
Next: Installing Nextcloud >>