Have you ever receive a complain from your supplier or customer that they cannot open the PO or invoice you send to them because they don’t have the compatible software to open the file? Or, they can open it but it doesn’t display correctly because they are using out dated or different version of the software from yours? I am sure many have experienced it. That is why PDF become so popular. Anyone can open any PDF file as long as they have the reader (it is free!) and it displays and prints out exactly like how you intended it to be.
Good news is, you don’t have to spend RM 1,800 simply to create a pdf file. In fact, you don’t have to spend a single cent to create a PDF file. Here is how…
- Download PDFCreator. Current version is 0.9.5.
- Install it. PDFCreator will install as a printer driver in your Windows. That means, you will find a new printer call PDFCreator in the printer selection window whenever you want to print your document (refer to below image).
- To create your PDF file, just open the file with any Windows application that has print function. Go to File > Print or press CTRL+P. A window similar to above will appear.
- Select PDFCreator from the printer selection list. Click on Properties if you need to adjust the output setting. Click OK when you are ready. This window will appear.
- You can ignore it and click Save and this window will appear…
- Firstly, select a location in your PC to save the PDF file. Then, enter the filename of the PDF file. Finally click Save.
That is it. You just created your first PDF file using PDFCreator. Hope this will help you save some expenses on your company IT budget.