- As of March 2012, WordPress is on 72.4 million different websites around the globe making WordPress the most widely used and popular CMS in existence.
- By the end of 2011, it was estimated that around 20-25% of all new websites published were built using the WordPress platform. For existing websites, the rate is around 16%
- In 2011, WordPress was responsible for 14.7% of the top 1,000,000 websites in the entire world.
- WordPress boasts the biggest market share when it comes to content management systems:
- WordPress: 53.8%
- Joomla!: 9.2%
- Drupal: 6.7%
- Others: 30.3%
- There are 19,000+ plugins freely available in the WordPress Plugin Directory. Altogether, these plugins have been downloaded more than 285,000,000 times, or nearly one download for every person in United States of America
Here is the infographic.