Google Chrome is a latest open source web browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Find out why they want to built a new browser.
These are the features of Google Chrome
- One box for everything – Web search. Web history. Address bar. Suggestions as you type. One unified box serves all your browsing needs.
- New tab page – Every time you open a new tab, you’ll see a visual sampling of your most visited sites, most used search engines, and recently bookmarked pages and closed tabs.
- Application shortcuts – Use web apps without opening your browser. Application shortcuts can directly load your favorite online apps.
- Dynamic tabs – You can drag tabs out of the browser to create new windows, gather multiple tabs into one window or arrange your tabs however you wish — quickly and easily.
- Crash control – Every tab you’re using is run independently in the browser, so if one app crashes it won’t take anything else down.
- Incognito mode – Don’t want pages you visit to show up in your web history? Choose incognito mode for private browsing.
- Safe browsing – Google Chrome warns you if you’re about to visit a suspected phishing, malware or otherwise unsafe website.
- Instant bookmark – Want to bookmark a web page? Just click the star icon at the left edge of the address bar and you’re done.
- Importing setting – When you switch to Google Chrome, you can pick up where you left off with all the bookmarks and passwords from your existing browser.
- Simple downloads – No intrusive download manager; you see your download’s status at the bottom of your current window.